DIVISION PROGRAM ON ENVIRONMENTAL AWARENESS, NATURAL RESOURCES
MANAGEMENT, FOOD PRODUCTION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
TO BE DUBBED AS OPLAN: ENVIRONMENT
TO : ALL PUBLIC ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOL HEADS
Division of San Jose City
1. In line with the nationwide campaign on environmental awareness, natural resources management, food production and entrepreneurship, the Division of San Jose City hereby announces the implementation of the division initiated program known as OPLAN: ENVIRONMENT which means:
OPLAN: Operation Plan on
E - Environmental Awareness
N - Natural Resources Management
V - Vegetable Production
I - Intensive Garbage Recycling
R - Receptacle Gardening or Urban Garden
O - Organic Gardening
N - Nursery Establishment
M - Massive Feeding Program
E - Entrepreneurship
N - New Technology
T - Tree Planting
2. Objectives of the Program
a. To sustain the DepED Program on environmental awareness, natural resources management, food production and giving of life-long learning skills among DepEd family.
b. To establish school gardens as an avenue of increasing awareness of pupils and students, as well as the community on the importance of agricultural productivity, livelihood development and environmental protection.
c. To inculcate to the students/pupils the value of hard work, good health and the importance of their duty and responsibility towards achieving and maintaining a healthy and balanced ecosystem.
d. To lessen the treats of climate change and global warming thru tree planting and garbage recycling.
e. To conduct Researches and make innovations to help pupils and students learn effectively.
f. To develop healthy competition and sharing of practices among schools within the division and to the region as well
3. All Elementary and Secondary Public Schools are expected to implement the program for the school year 2014-2015 and the year thereafter.
4. Mechanics of the Division Contest is found in a separate memorandum.
5. Immediate and wide dissemination of this memorandum is earnestly desired.
TERESA D. MABABA, CESO VI
Schools Division Superintendent